Who is The National Society of Leadership and Success?
As the largest collegiate leadership honor society in the nation, with over half-a-million members on more than 500 campuses, The National Society of Leadership and Success believes that college is a time filled with exploration, diversity, and transformation. This critical phase of your life challenges you to seek out contrasting views, expand your knowledge and interests, and form your own, distinct identity.
As you discover your purpose and find your voice, forging a path forward in today’s world, The National Society of Leadership and Success is here to help. After all, we believe that no one succeeds solely on their own, as dreams are realized through perseverance and support; however ambitious your aspirations may be, however daunting the obstacles may seem–know that you are not alone.
Towards that end, a key part of our offerings are thought pieces and inspirational video content from leaders in areas as diverse as media and defense. In addition, we provide training sessions on topics from goal-setting to personal and professional accountability, and curate a series of compelling, interactive national lectures that challenges viewers to transform their lives and future careers.
In the past, we’ve featured leaders such as Huffington Post founder Arianna Huffington, former U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, The Today Show host Al Roker, and Inc. Magazine’s #1 Leadership Expert John C. Maxwell. Though success comes in many fields and in many forms, our speakers share three key traits: a hunger to succeed in all they do, the willingness to push their boundaries, and most importantly, confidence in uncomfortable and challenging situations.
These world-class leaders are driven, capable, and incredibly successful, but they all understand this: an individual’s success stems from a group effort built around inspirational mentors, friends, and loved ones. That’s why they’re paying it forward, sharing their hard-won experience and valuable knowledge, and arming you with vital insights for the road ahead.
In our view, learning and personal progress are lifelong endeavors, and in order to prepare our members to create positive, lasting change, we strive to build an inclusive, supportive community. Here at The National Society of Leadership and Success, we hope to assist you at every step, as you prepare to head out into the world and make your mark.
The National Society of Leadership and Success provides benefits to help members on their own personal success journey. These include opportunities for all members and exclusive benefits for those who achieve induction.
PRE-INDUCTION MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- Scholarships & Awards: Access to over a quarter-million dollars exclusively to Society members each year for tuition, community service and educational assistance
- Job Bank: Apply to jobs/internships and access to employers seeking to hire Society members
- Partner Discounts & Benefits: Enjoy discounts on many retail goods and services
- Speaker Broadcasts: A series of six live streamed speaker broadcasts per year by celebrities, authors, motivational speakers and professionals on relevant topics facing students and graduates
- Success Networking Team: Participate with your Society peers in goal setting, accountability and commitment to action
- Success Coaches: Improve skills, refine focus and interact with a professional success coach
- Broadcast Archive: Online access to past presentations from more than 50 nationally renowned Society speakers; Click Here to see some of our past speakers
- Professional Communication Training: A professionally administered communication assessment tool (DiSC) helps you identify your own communication style, teaches you to recognize and appreciate other styles and prepares you to interact effectively with others
- Social Events: Meet like-minded people and make friends at social events, fundraising events, service projects and other Society gatherings
- Leadership Collection: Online interview series with career experts to guide you in landing your dream job
- Motivational Mondays: Get inspired each week by a recording delivered directly to you
- Monthly Newsletter: Read the Society Newsletter highlighting scholarships, chapter and member success stories, advice from leading motivational speakers and more
- Member Shop: In addition to the items you receive upon induction, the shop provides you with a wider selection to commemorate your membership
ADDITIONAL POST-INDUCTION MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- Custom Recommendations: Receive personalized letters for graduate admissions and employers
- Graduation Honors: Proudly wear honor cords, stole and charm at your graduation as an inducted member
- Scholarships & Awards for Inducted Members: Additional scholarships available to inducted members
- Leadership Training Certification: Awarded after completion of the leadership training program
- Resume Enhancement: Society membership on your resume sets you apart as a leader to admission counselors and employers
- Inducted Member Items: Receive your leadership certificate, Society t-shirt, car decal, and Society insignia pin upon induction
- Leadership Opportunities: Avail yourself of opportunities for local, regional, or national leadership positions in the Society
- Presidential Members (3.3+ GPA): Receive a Presidential Seal on your leadership training certificate
- Nationwide Network: Join over 669,834 members at over 521 colleges in a network of support and motivation
85% of Society members transitioning into careers landed the job of their choice upon graduating and nearly 80% of those students attributed their success to the Society’s program